Abrasion and weather resistance waterproof membrane coating for roof
Thermo Roof is an ultra-high performance acrylic based thermal insulating and heat reflective coating containing low-density air-filled microvoids with high SRI value for use in concrete and metal structures thus increasing the comfort zone and energy-saving. Ideal for most critical applications like a roof, corrugated metal roof, asbestos and cement sheets, over pipelines to prevent condensation/sweating, steam pipelines for thermal insulation, solar heaters, railway coaches, oil & gas storage tanks etc.
- Roof Tops & Roof Slabs
- Interior & Exterior Walls of Buildings
- Corrugated metal roof, asbestos and cement sheets
- Sintex tanks / water tanks and pipe lines
- Railway and other coaches
- Air Conditioning Ducts/Chillers
- Galvanized Tin Sheet
- Wood & Concrete
- Fabric embedded membrane
- Steam Pipelines
- Outdoor container cabins/pre-fabricated offices
- Solar heaters
- Commercial Buildings
- Mobile Homes
- Oil & gas storage tanks
- Metal Buildings and industrial sheds
Features & Benefits
- Water-borne low VOC coating
- Water based, environmentally friendly
- Excellent thermal insulation at low thickness
- Lower interior temperatures
- Energy saving
- Reduce electricity cost
- Reduce surface temperature by 12-14 degree
- Reduce air-conditioner cost-energy efficient
- Excellent adhesion to metal, asbestos and concrete surfaces
- Non-conductive property saves air conditioning energy cost
- Reduce carbon footprint
- High coverage
- Materials: Water borne 100% special acrylic emulsion paint
- Color: White
- Recommended DFT: 30-50 micron/coat
- Touch dry time: 15-25 min
- Re-coatable time: Min 2 hrs (depending on air temperature & humidity)
- Coverage: Approx.28 sq.ft. Per Kg in 2 coats Cleaning solvent: Water
- Recommended dilution (with water only):
- Brush and roller application: 10-20% by volume
- Spray application: 15-25% by volume
Surface Preparation for Concrete Roof:
- Brush away loose contamination on the substrate to be coated.
- Bio-wash for killing fungus where necessary
- Roughen surfaces by wire brush manually.
- All surfaces must be clean and free from latence, dust, dirt, oil and grease.
- Please check Moisture level and pH level in walls/roof/terrace/ceilings. The moisture level should be below 12% and pH should be in the range 7-9.
- For Metal use ULTRACORR ZPP as a anti corrosive primer prior to application of THERMO ROOF paint.
- Do not apply when concrete surfaces or ambient temperatures are below the dew point.
- Material and the substrate temperature should be above 100C and below 500C before use
- Application on direct sunlight and windy situation may affect the paint performance
Mixing & Application:
Thoroughly mix the contents of containers
Thinning/Dilution of the material using water is not recommended.
Stir the paint occasionally before each use.
In case of concrete surface should be moist/water wash before application. However avoid puddling/ponding of water.
For Metal use ULTRACORR ZPP as an anti-corrosive primer prior to application of THERMO ROOF PAINT
Apply first coat with brush on the cleaned and washed surface.
Apply second coat after a gap of 1-2 Hours.
After completion of full coating, it should be allowed to cure for 24 hrs. Drying time may vary due to temperature / humidity and surface condition.
Ensure that the coated area does not come in contact with water for at least one hour.
Apply with a quality brush, or roller.
After completion of full coating, it should be allowed to cure for 24 hrs.
Drying time may vary due to temperature / humidity and surface condition.
- Storage: Store in cool & dry place. Keep container tightly closed in a secure, upright position. Store in accordance with local regulations.
- Available pack size: 20 Kg
- Shelf life (when stored as recommended): Min 36 months